Keep a watchful eye on the purchase order management of the goods and services your company receives
Purchase order systems are becoming increasingly complex. You need a strong, integrated system that will provide comprehensive purchasing capabilities from the moment you buy through the time the purchase is fully received and invoiced. Purchase Order Management Software provides the tools you need to optimize, streamline, and manage the complete purchasing cycle.
Other TRAVERSE applications push requirements to the purchase order system. The requisition items are then processed for the optimal purchase price and delivery terms. Received product is available immediately, and can optionally be pushed directly to the source transactions if desired. When invoices are received from the vendors, they are tagged to the purchase order and do not need to be re-entered in the payables system.
Purchase Order Software features:
- Send purchase orders in the format the vendor prefers (email, paper, or fax). Print an internal copy of the purchase order even though customer copies may have been emailed or faxed.
- Enter purchases in the company base currency or the vendor’s foreign currency; foreign currency purchases track costs in the foreign currency as well as the company base currency.
- View variances between order and actual quantities, order and actual costs, and delivery dates.
- Distribute the indirect costs of shipping (including shipping costs, entry costs, duties, brokerage fees, and taxes) to inventory items using landed cost functionality.
- Link Purchase Order transactions to Sales Order transactions, projects, or service work orders for easy tracking; print a fulfillment report to see which linked transactions can be processed immediately.
- Analyze requisitions coming from other TRAVERSE applications; select the best vendor and convert a purchase requisition into a purchase order.
- Enter multiple receipts of goods and invoices for each line item until the order is filled.
- Update inventory quantities immediately as you enter receipts.